What is this site?
This is the working site for my ATLAS group at SUNY Albany. I am principal investigator on a continuing federal grant from the Office of Science at the US Department of Energy. My group's work is currently focused on the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva Switzerland. This site is primarily for group members to share documents and information. There is however, also a "beginners" link for students thinking about doing particle physics and for non-physicists who are interested in the subject. Sadly, most of the other content is "internal" only. That's because a) copyright law doesn't allow reposting of articles on a public site, and b) the site focuses on ongoing work that is still internal to the group or the experiment. Sorry about that, but I will try to make sure that the "beginners" section always has plenty of current information. If you are a graduate student looking for more information, please come see me and I'll be happy to give you access to the internal portions of the site. You can also find some generic information about my work on the university's bio page here.
Current Group Members
- Jesse Ernst (Associate Professor and PI of the group)
- Vivek Jain (Assistant Professor)
- Tao Qian (Postdoctoral Fellow)
- Julian Bouffard (Graduate student)
- Adam Fischer (Graduate student)
- Kate Burlesson-Lessor (Undergraduate Student)
- Jessica Kim (Undergraduate Student)
Past Group Members
- Dan Coderre (Grad student)
- Vivek Jain (Research Faculty)
- Corey Peters (Undergraduate student)
- Maseeh Mukhtar (Undergrad student)
- Jian Liu (Grad student)
- Victoria Rojo (Graduate student)
- Selim Unal (Graduate student)
- David Angelaszek (Undergrad student)
- Matt Parenti (Undergraduate Student)
ok, this isn't really us, but these people looked so respectable that I thought it'd be best to show them instead of us.